Does turning tiny tubes frustrate you? Then you’ll love this method. One of the new ladies in my Facebook Sew and Share group recently purchased my How to Make Doll Clothes Video course and was posting photos of each of her finished bonus patterns. She was so excited to be sewing and gaining confidence with each outfit but she had to admit she found turning the strap for the Halter Top tricky as she only had a tiny safety pin. So I suggested she try the following method next time as it’s much easier than turning tubes after stitching the seam.
1. Cut your strap piece. The one I will be demonstrating with is 1 ¼” (3cm) wide and the finished strap will be approx. 3/8” (1cm) wide.
2. Fold and press one long edge in ¼” (6mm).
3. Fold the other long edge in ¼” (6mm).
4. Fold the strap in half length-wise and press.
5. Using a straight stitch sew along the open side of the strap approximately 1/8” (2mm) in from the edge.
6. Finished Strap.
If you give this a try, please let me know how you go and if you found it easier than turning tubes to make straps.