Do you or your child want to learn how to sew? Have you always wanted to sew doll clothes but thought it would be too fiddly? Would you like to learn how to make doll clothes to sell?
Then join me for my How to Make Doll Clothes video course and get LIFETIME access to 120 detailed ‘How to’, ‘Cool Tip’ and ‘Troubleshooting’ video tutorials. Whether you’re a beginner or expert sewer I’ll pass on all my tips and techniques that I’ve discovered over the years that make sewing small doll clothes super easy! Come join us and learn to sew online today!
You can choose to do the course online with LIFETIME access via my website or order the complete DVD set which includes 10 DVDs & 1 CD.
Plus you’ll receive FREE 8 pdf Doll Clothes patterns, pdf written instructions AND almost 5 hours of step-by-step video instructions valued at USD$45.60. So if you don’t like reading complicated instructions, simply follow along with Rosie as she shows you how to make the outfit.
Great news for my Aussie customers, ALL my 18 inch American Girl doll clothes patterns fit the 20 inch Australian Girl Doll with alternative cutting lines marked where necessary.
“I have done a lot of research on sewing doll clothing and there is nothing like this video sewing course! Rosie is so kind and sincere about her course. Her patterns are straight forward and her directions are thorough and clear. Her presentation is professional in that the camera is where it should be and is professionally done. Her directions, while she speaks are clear and you can hear her and see what she is doing very well. This has been a wonderful investment and I am so glad I purchased this course! Thank you Rosie, I really appreciate your assistance, your kindness and sincerity!!”
Kathleen – Michigan, U.S.A.
Who is the course best suited to?
- Those who know how to sew but need a refresher because they haven’t touched a sewing machine in ages.
- Visual learners who prefer to watch someone else demonstrate what to do before doing it themselves OR
- Those who presently sew quilts or full sized clothing and want to learn some great tips and techniques that take the frustration out of sewing small doll clothes.
What are the requirements?
- No prior sewing experience is necessary.
- Sewing machine, iron, fabric, thread, elastic and basic sewing tools.
- Computer or tablet so that you can access the videos.
- A desire to have fun.
What am I going to get from this course?
- LIFETIME access to 7 ½ hours of instructional videos that cover the basics of sewing AND all the tips and tricks that will save you lots of time and frustration when sewing doll clothes.
- Confidence to do it yourself because the videos are so clear and comprehensive – I’ve been told they are ‘Goof Proof!’
- The freedom to work in your own home at your own pace.
- Camera angels that allow you to clearly see what I’m doing.
The FREE bonus patterns are normally in the 18 inch American Girl doll size but if you prefer to receive these patterns in the 18 ½ inch Cabbage Patch Kids size, please email me after completing the checkout process and I can arrange that too!
“Hello Rosie, I just needed to write this testimonial for you. You have a unique product in that when you get the pattern you also get a video. You really have thought of what the end user needs to know in order to be able to sew these garments so well. You have such a professional presentation and an easy voice to listen to. You often give little insights into making the sewing much easier. It is such a blessing to find a site such as yours. I have been so grateful that I purchased the course as I am learning heaps. Even though I did sewing many years ago, you are constantly teaching me things I had forgotten. A special thank you must also go to the promptness you give in relation to my emails to you for assistance. You are a very professional, caring individual.”
Mary-Jane Ursu – New South Wales, Australia
So what does the course cover? Watch some Free preview videos
The course is broken into six suggested weekly modules so as not to overwhelm you but because you’re in control you can go as fast or slow as you like.
Week 1 (32 videos – 1 hour 20 minutes)
- I introduce you to the program and look at how to set up your sewing space. Preview ‘Let’s Get Started’ Video
- We then take a look at the basic tools required for sewing doll clothes as well as some cool tools that make the job so much easier. Preview ‘Sewing Kit for the Beginner’ Video
- Next I explain everything you need to know about the different types of fabric and elastic and I will advise what is the best fabric for you to use as a beginner.
- To round out the week I show you how to use the various sewing tools and share some cool tips.
Week 2 (22 videos – 1 hour 5 minutes)
- In this module we cover how to print, prepare and cut out your pattern pieces and fabric.
- I include lots of cool tips when working with fabric and choosing thread.
- I also share great troubleshooting pointers that will help keep you out of a pickle.
- Here we start on the sewing machine learning how to sew a straight and zigzag stitch including a cool tip on how to easily sew in a straight line.
- We cover sewing a basic hem and move onto more advanced hems using your sewing machine and/or serger on different types of fabric.
- Again, more cool tips to make sewing doll clothes really easy.
Week 4 (15 videos – 1 hour)
- This week we learn about stay stitching and sewing various types of seams on both the sewing machine and the serger. Preview ‘Sewing curved (convex) seam’ Video
- We create casings on both woven and knit fabric and again using both the serger and the sewing machine.
- To finish off this week you will learn to sew tubes using your sewing machine or serger and I’ll show you a super cool way to turn them to the right side using my favorite tool.
Week 5 (16 videos – 1 hour 36 minutes )
- I’ll cover various ways to thread elastic through a casing, including my favorite. I show you how to save time when using elastic and a really cool tip too.
- You will learn how to gather fabric in sleeves or to use for frills or ruffles.
- Then you will learn how to attach puff sleeves to a bodice, sew frills on top of fabric or into a seam.
- We then look at attaching ribbing and collars.
- This is a fun week where we learn how to attach all the pretty finishing touches like motifs, buttons, bows, ribbon, lace and sequins.
- I show you how to attach Velcro (Hook and Loop tape) as well as press studs.
- We finish off with some cool tips when working with buttons and I share a great tip I often use that will allow your doll clothes to fit a variety of dolls. Preview ‘Cutting Button Holes’ Video
Would this be appropriate for homeschool curriculum?
Yes, so long as the student has a sewing machine, fabric and basic sewing supplies. It is already presented in weekly lessons, but because you’re in control, you can break it down further into daily lessons and progress at the pace best suited to the student.
What if I have questions?
Please feel free to email me and I will personally get back to you. There may be a slight delay due to time zones (I’m in Australia) but people are usually surprised at how quickly I respond.
What happens after I buy?
After you purchase the online course you will receive an email with your username and password so that you can instantly log into my website and start watching all the course videos, download the bonus pdf doll clothes patterns and view the instructional videos that accompany the patterns.
If you have poor internet connection or data limits you would be best to purchase the DVD set so you can watch it offline. In this case you will receive an email confirmation and your DVD set will arrive in the mail.
Money back guarantee
Online course option: We know you’ll love these online tutorials and bonus patterns but if you’re not happy with them for any reason, we will provide a full refund so long as you contact us within 30 days of purchase. Please see our refund policy for more details.
DVD option: If you purchase the DVDs and wish to return them for any reason, we are happy to provide a full refund (less shipping and handling) as long as you contact us within 30 days of purchase. Please see our refund policy for more details.
Online course and DVD set bundle option: If you purchase the bundle offer, and are not happy for any reason, we will provide a full refund (less shipping and handling on the DVD set) as long as you contact us within 30 days of purchase. Please see our refund policy for more details.