Some time ago I did a blog post showing which of my 18 inch doll clothes patterns fit the Journey Girl doll without adjustment. If you missed that post be sure to check out ‘Journey Girl: Which of my 18 Inch Patterns Fit?‘.
Today, I’m going to share with you what minor adjustments you can make to some of my other 18 inch patterns so that Journey Girl can wear them too.
The following is a list of my 18 inch and American Girl doll clothes patterns that fit the Journey Girl nicely and I explain what adjustments to make.
- Pinafore, Dress & Skirt – Shorten waistband 1/2″ (1.2cm)
- Overalls – Shorten elastic at back 1″ (2.5cm) and add ¼” to hem of pants
- Crop Top – reduce to 95% and making the neck slightly larger because when you reduce the pattern you will also reduce the neckline and we need the neckline to be at least the original size.
- Fun n Frilly top – take ½” from the elastic on shoulders and waist.
- Halter top – cut 1/2″ (1.2cm) from the end which will shorten it a total of 1″ (2.5cm)
- T-shirt – reduce to 95%.
- Handkerchief top – cut 3/8″ from each end of the bodice.
- Blouse – reduce it to 95% but leave the neck trim the same length and take a small amount from the neck so it is not too tight when you reduce the pattern.
- Ballerina – reduce to 95%. Long sleeve take 1/2″ from the width of the sleeve so ¼” from each side. The photo I have showing the green leotard is the Australian Girl size and she has longer arms so make sure to cut on the American Girl cutting line for the sleeves.
- Fairy – Take 1/2″ (1.2cm) from centre front by folding over the edge that goes on the fold 1/4″. Also cut 1/4″ from the other end to shorten the bodice a total of 1″ (2.5cm)